Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sept 9 - first day of BSSM

Sept 9 - first day of BSSM
Introductions of staff. Core Values. Prophecy to show failure. (Mothers name and city of birth). Kingdom Culture.
Kris Valloton
Hold hands. Squeeze if u want to date. If you want to stay single, your wrong, but that's okay.
Core values:
  • Culture has an accent. You listen to other people's accent and think they are wrong. We have a culture of love. When someone is prophesied over they should feel kissed by God. The best thing you can do for your spouse is to love yourself. Resolve disagreements keeping love at the center
  • We have an empowering culture. We refuse to control you. If you need to be controlled, you will behave yourself out of our environment. Not our job to get you there - you get yourself there. You have been chosen bc you have a record of managing yourself. A controlling culture means you are motivated by external sources (fear. Intimidation). Empowering culture is fueled by an internal desire
  • Ownership.  
  • Supernatural culture. Will become the norm.
  • Honesty. Trust is built on honesty. Half truths are lies. No grades here. When you need to tell someone truth that hurts - it's your turn to show honesty.
  • Purity. Moral Revolution - my will tells my body I will be a one woman man. If you don't deal with purity you will not be in ministry long term.
  • Safe place. Failure in developing your spiritual gifts is how we learn. "Word of knowledge" is telling someone a truth you can't know without Gods supernatural revelation of the truth. "Prophecy" is telling someone what will happen.
Bill Johnson
Get a bible that is real, not electronic. Write in it - mark it up.
Faith comes by hearing. Hearing means active listening. (Mark 8). He summoned us, we cried out. He saved.
People who don't hear well. Get their attention, make eye contact, speak louder. Don't wait for a thundering voice. Keep asking questions. He rarely answers when I ask. He doesn't answerÂ
1) to let me know I don't have power over voice of God.
2) to show me I am not creating the answer with my mind
Mark 8:11-21
Warning of world views
1) leaven of Herod (political system)
2) leaven of Pharisees (religious system)
Matthew 13 is the kingdom leaven
God is targeting how you think. Bill's goal is to teach us how to renew our minds. The renewed mind enhances faith. The un-renewed mind stifles faith. Faith leads us into understanding. Ken 11 says "by faith we understand the worlds are made out of nothing." Renewed minds are like banks of a river that give the river direction to flow. The greatest of these is love. Faith works through love. Love must pave its way through faith.Â
The Lord is looking for renewed minds. Jesus was not slightly nervous when he multiplied food. Rom 12:2 says don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewed mind.  
Renewed minds proves/displays/authenticates the will of God.
If we understand what's going on in my walk with God, I've created a god in my mind.
4 loaves to feed 5k and 12 baskets leftover. 7 loaves to feed 4k with 7 baskets leftover. When you start with less you can feed more and have more left over.
Renewed minds happen only with a divine encounter.
Vs 18: can you see, hear, remember? (If you can't see or hear, go with what you remember). After some time of remembering he will show you in the present what he is doing.
John 5:38-40
Many people are satisfied with an okay theology and miss the divine encounter.
If I don't change the way I think, I will be asking Him to fix my problems. If I have a renewed mind, I use His authority to make changes.
Story:
Couple misses a flight. It was the flight that exploded into twin towers. Dad in NY is a retired fireman and found out his son was okay. The dad went to accident to volunteer and died. The father was resistant to Goel all his life. A few months later a couple knocks on their door to share a story. The mother says his dad saved her. 7 months pregnant he carried her down and as she was carried down she shared the Gospel. At the bottom he got on his knees and repented. Then went back up to save more. The mother told the son they named their baby after his father.
Testimonies:
1) Bill Johnson: shared a woman stood up at church for food allergy her autistic child had. She then takes her son to get pizza (wheat and milk) to see what God did. Food allergy AND autism gone.
2) Aaron V.: we were asked to get "word of knowledge" for neighbor (mothers name and place of birth). The person next to me said the lady next to me's mothers name was Mary from Ohio. She said no. Afterwards I told him that was for me!! I was them asked by the speaker on stage to "prophesy" over these mothers. I gave a word of knowledge her mother is burdened for orphans. I prophesied she would travel to nations because of her heart for orphans. The daughter said "Yes!" And introduced me to her mother just two people away.
3) Aaron: My first day in class a Taiwanese student speaks over me "I will find team this year." It's been our desire to do just that by connecting with people in Redding our sending churches and teachers in China. I am taking a 10 day trip to Taiwan in November to meet some of my co-workers in China. The purpose of the trip: listen in prayer and come up with a team plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment