Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dan Farrely - story of how he encountered God

Dan Farrely

Made space for God to work even when he had doubt as to whether the manifestations were real. Two thoughts: 1) something wrong with me or 2) something wrong with others.

Manifestation Story
Bill Johnson would tell his staff: "Your job is not to fill file cabinets. Your job is to be filled with God and leak." Staff meeting Bill says, "let's take another drink." Dan received prayer and felt something. He was hit by the power of the Lord. He was sitting on his chair. Electricity like power. Wave after wave came at him. He balled up on the chair. His hands curled in and his muscles ached as he continued to spasm. He sees the music pastor, Mark Holt, and reaches out to touch him and nothing happens. After 10 minutes people began to let off and he grabs their hands and says, "more, more." 

After prayer he prayed, "Lord, I'm sorry for not thinking this was so true!"

God re-wired the church to emotions through the Toronto Revival, Rodney Howard Brown, Basel, and others. Culturally different S. African presentation: "I'm not a sipper, I'm not a sipper. I'm a chug-a-luggah! I'm a chug-a-luggah!" 

When Pentacost hit in Acts 2 and tongues were spoken it doesn't make sense to think they were drunk? They could of manifested in affection, laughter or other emotional responses normally associated with drunkenness.

I do think it is on purpose that God has touched the church 1) physically, 2) emotionally, and 3) with joy. Joy doesn't have to be an inner quiet emotion. Joy can be like the children of Narnia wrestling with Aslan. The children say, "Aslan, you seem bigger than before." Aslan responds, "the more you know me the bigger I am."

Banning Liebscher and Dan get together and laugh a lot. Why wouldn't my Heavenly Father do the same?! If my body can sense cold or hunger, why can't we then sense the pain of others to know how to pray? 

No comments:

Post a Comment