Thursday, October 8, 2015

City Service Outreach - Testimonies & protocol with children

"The Spirit of the lord is upon me,"

Look at any fear that kept you from outreach... Look at it and say to it: "The Spirit of the lord is upon me!"

The heart of City Service is to create a lifestyle. 

Guest speakers: 
Michael Brodeur - 300-500 people a week coming to faith every week.

Sharice - "Jesus is fun!" Fall in love with Jesus and have fun with Jesus. SF ministry testimony: met a guy named Kristopher - prayed and prophesied over him. A few months later they saw him all beaten up and HS encouraged her that he needs Jesus. A month later she found out he died. We need Holy Spirit to possess us to show the love of Jesus to a dying world.

Lisa Means - children's dept at Bethel (extreme kids). Talk about Jesus in 14 public elementary schools and 15 neighborhoods.
A). In Rother Elementary they did their lesson and during snack time they asked if kids needed prayer and a girl shared her grandma is in the hospital. Next week the girl reported the grandma was released two days later and the girl told grandma it was Jesus who healed. Grandma ends up accepting Jesus. 
B). Told a girl that Jesus loves her and student replies, "I know - Jesus spoke to me last night." Last year you prayed for us to have Jesus in our lives and ever since Jesus has spoken to me every day!

City Project - Keith Alvord. Henderson Open Space just south of Cypress. Overgrown with blackberries and known for transients (homeless). Worked in partnership with rotary club. Thinned trees and removed a lot of fire hazards. City applied for a grant and a review committee came up.  They were blown away by number of hours (20,000 hours). They called Keith Alvord to confirm hours. No city in all of California has as many volunteer hours as Redding! We will give you more than what you are asking for! Redding is becoming known as a community that serves. 

Ethan - he volunteered with "The Bridge" and they saw an older man with a cane coming up. He looked angry and intimidating. He asked him if he needed prayer. He said, "yes! I've felt like a heart attack and was walking over here to see my friends for help." Ethen found out this man was kind and gentle. He rededicated his life and they found out this guy died 5 days later of a heart attack. 

Bridget testimony. Addicted to heroin for 32 years and now on fire for Jesus! She lost 52 pounds and went back to college.

God is such a good good Pappa. His love has wrecked my life. It's so important to be in community. I've been delivered from fear, sexual immorality, addiction. I've been going to Bethel for three years and part of the Boulder Creek community. I now have a full time job, a place to live and my own car. When I laid down my old life, the new man rose. My prayer for where I work is to be His hands and feet. When I see people there's no condemnation. I have God's love for people. All they need is hope - hope will be a tumbleweed blowing through our city.

Lisa Means - Protocol with Children
Be encouraged when you get your assignment - I didn't get my first choice. Now I'm running the department I was assigned to. You may not have a kids-focused city service but kids are everywhere. Our goal is to love the city of Redding and make sure both parents and kids feel safe.

Protocol for Working With Children
1. Don't ever be alone with a child. If the child has to use a bathroom, ask child to grab a friend and then go to bathroom.
2. Don't go into a house alone with a child. Always want to be invited by mom and dad into home.
3. Before kids join you to go do something, ask mom or dad
4. Side hugs, high fives and fist bumps are great. Kids don't sit on laps and no front or prolonged hugs.

Don't be afraid to have contact with them. 

Show interest in them:
1. Remember their name. 
2. Ask them how they are doing and ask how their events in their life went since the last time you saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment